Specification of Gasoline Engine
- A modern, automotive, high efficiency, three cylinder, 1.2 litre, water cooled, normally aspirated engine complete with all services and ancillaries required to run the engine in a laboratory environment.
- Biofuel Compatible.
- Variable load, eddy current dynamometer which acts as a brake, enabling direct measurement of engine torque.
- Dynamometer completely integrated with the engine, mounted within the same frame
- Ignition and Injection Control system as standard, enables user to investigate the effects of alterations to fuel injection and ignition timing
- Supported on strong tubular steel framework via flexible mounts. Frame houses fuel tanks, battery, electrical enclosures, etc.
- Protected by guards around all moving parts, and around key hot surfaces
- Throttle and brake load can be controlled remotely
- Standard instrumentation includes sensors for:
- Engine speed
- Air flow
- Cooling water temperature (inlet and outlet of heat exchanger)
- Cooling water flow
- Exhaust gas Lambda sensor
Features of Gasoline Engine
- Modern high efficiency, three cylinder automotive engine.
- Integrated eddy current dynamometer to vary engine load.
- Plotting of characteristic torque and power curves against engine speed.
- Full software control of system, including load and throttle settings.
- Closed loop software control of brake loading to maintain constant engine speed during measurements.
- User control of ignition timing and fuel injection now standard.
- Secondary water cooling by heat exchanger, with measurement of temperature change and flow rate.
- MkII version fitted with wideband Lambda sensor for improved performance.
- Engine manufacturer’s diagnostic software, also displays ignition timing and injection characteristics.
- Measurement of exhaust oxygen content by Lambda sensor.
Description of Gasoline Engine
An eddy current dynamometer provides a variable load on the engine, allowing the characteristic power and torque curves to be reproduced in the laboratory. The system comes complete with extensive instrumentation, including rpm measurement, torque from which power can be calculated, plus various temperatures, pressures and flows .
Technical Data of Gasoline Engine
|Dynamometer Type||Eddy current|
|Max Power||55kW for 20 minutes|
Regd. Office: 507, Shahpuri Tower, C- 58, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi, 110058, India